An examination of the collections of Blythe House, archive of the Victoria and Albert Museum, by Central Saint Martins researchers in the field of design. This project is mediated by the use of smartphone technology in the creative process.

Tuesday 2 September 2014

...how has your search been so far?

V&A site Search
keyword: rug design
date : 02 september 2014

a pictorial diary of my search
what was yours?

typed in : textile, rug, rug design etc...


as you can see… a bit of everything. why?  so I opened a few out of curiosity
and there i read that the brooch was inspired by a rug. that's fine…
opened another wondering which hashtag would relate to my search
this one had the word rugged. not great
also also found the wonderful mickey mouse michael graves teapot. this object/collection's relation to my 'rug design' research is that Michael graves designed carpets. . I get it….
but can't explain why the wonderful picture by Pinky here below that came up in my search. unexpected good finds...
and I found a lot of these pages, not very helpful for an initial search
and went to the infamous GOOGLE images taking the lead from one of the V&A thumbnails
no worries, I did find A rug… but I think that I am going to go about this differently


...how has your search been so far?










1 comment:

  1. These look great Brook. My research so far tells me that the online V&A catalogue doesn't actually include any of the Art and Design Archive. So essentially we are researching in the wrong place. Or am I wrong? Did you find any of these pieces at Blythe House? My guess is that most of these will be held at the Exhibition Road site either in storage or on display. I spoke to someone at the V&A Reading Room today who was as bemused as me as to how I can book to view items I can't even locate. I'll be on that phone tomorrow. Also - please note I filled out a booking form for a viewing including all musuem numbers on the last day of term. No reply.

    ReplyDelete